If you're making your start in a creative or cultural career, or wanting to make that jump, then this is for you! Whether you're a musician, film director, designer, gallery curator, writer or many other jobs; This is the place to meet new friends and colleagues. Find out about opportunities in the city and beyond, get the low down on available funding coming up or simply be the first to hear about a job opening.
Read a little about the host venue, City Arts, here.
Whether you're an entrepreneurial sole making your own work or most comfortable being a cog in a greater machine, we'll have something for you.
The main focus of the evening is networking. We'll introduce you to someone new.
We'll have a slot where you hear from someone who's been there, been a young professional and working successfully now. His name is Andy Fowler. And you could well have been to one of his events in recent years - whether that's a comedy night, theatre festival or business support event!
The event is free to attend, but numbers are limited so make sure you register for your ticket in advance! Booking is free and via the YPIA Website.
The event is open to anyone aged 16 and over, it's ideal for achievers of Silver or Gold Arts Award, but it's not a requirement to attend. When registering you agree to be added to the network of YPIA and also of Upstart Projects working with Arts Award to receive occasional updates.
A few handy links:
- Getting to City Arts: http://city-arts.org.uk/contact-us/
- More about Arts Award: https://www.artsawardvoice.com
- Check out Upstart Projects: https://www.upstartprojects.uk
- Find out about Young People in the Arts: https://www.ypia.co.uk
- Find events to attend in Nottingham: http://www.nottinghamcity.gov.uk/whats-on-in-nottingham/
- Get the latest cultural & political news by, with & for young professionals at: https://www.voicemag.uk
Follow the event on Twitter with @AAonVoice and use the hashtag #YCPnotts