Voice has an impact on young people through our magazine training and opportunities to participate in the arts.
Voice Magazine reaches readers across the UK and beyond, offering inspiration and insights from artists and peers.
Voice Training helps young people to gain skills and experience towards a career in the arts and media.
Voice Outreach participation projects support young people to explore and enjoy the arts in their local area.
What we monitor
We look at the reach of our magazine and the impact on individuals of participating in our programmes plus what happens next. Many young people have chosen their next course of study and some have changed career path; others have gained enough confidence to attend events or take part in a new arts activity. As well as career-focussed success, we want to know that young people feel supported and that their voice is being heard.
Have a listen to some short stories on how Voice has helped some of our young people here
The change we want to make: To help create a society which values the creativity and opinions of young people and offers pathways into the cultural sector for people from all backgrounds.
- young people who feel confident in choosing local arts experiences, who enjoy new experiences as well as familiar ones, and who feel entitled to attend public venues and events.
- young people thinking about cultural experiences, forming opinions, expressing their views and listening to others.
- young people from diverse backgrounds finding their way into careers across the media and arts world.
- young people share their view with arts organisations who listen and act.
The issues we’re tackling:
- Access to the arts for participation and enjoyment
- Developing a voice for young people
- Entry to the arts and media as career options
As well as the difference we make to individuals, the numbers also tell a story. By 31 March 2022 we had supported:
- Visitors to Voice (Google Analytics tells us not everyone too): 1.4million
- Voice Contributors: 61
- Trainees on placements: 27
- Local Reviewers & Outreach participants: 79
Each year we produce an annual report with our accounts. Download our 2021-2022 report