Voice is an open digital platform
If you want to write or vlog about the arts or review events, Voice is for you. It's easy to register and you can publish your pieces directly online.
Voice is aimed at young people aged 13-30. If you're under 13 you can still post your work, but must have the permission of an adult parent or supervisor.
If you're keen to develop your reviewing and reporting, apply to join our network of
Voice Contributors and you'll get our support plus press tickets!
What can you post?
You can write a review of any arts activity: film releases, books, art exhibitions, video games, music videos, song lyrics, poetry, spoken word performances, festivals... you name it! Reviews should be around 200-400 words, or approx. 1-3 minutes if a video review.
Blogs & Vlogs
Blogs and vlogs are generally opinion pieces. They can be about something that you have done, or something topical that is happening in the art world.
We're always on the lookout for competitions, work experience or networking opportunities for young creatives, so please post anything our readers might be interested in. Make sure events and opportunities are age appropriate and include full info: date, time, location, booking link, entry deadline etc.
Where do you post?
If you don't have an account, register for one.
Top tips for posting
- Use good quality images (around 800px wide)
- Make sure you spell and copy check before publishing onto the site. Ask a friend or family member to check over if you aren't sure, and if you're publishing on behalf of a young person, please check over their work.
- If you copy and paste directly from Word, select 'paste and match style' in your browser dropdown.
- Once you've saved your article, go to the edit page and click the 'cropping' tab at the top. This lets you choose the best crops for your photo.
- You can put your work into one of our themed-content Voiceboxes – just select the relevant one on the edit page before you publish
- Please check if the organisation you're reviewing or writing about is an Arts Award Supporter by searching and selecting from the dropdown on the edit page
- If something doesn't look right to you, do get in touch, we'll be happy to help: email@example.com