Voice is open to everyone! It really is that simple
If you want to write or vlog about the arts or review events, Voice is for you. It's easy to register and you can publish your pieces directly to the site.
Voice is aimed at young people aged 13-30. If you're under 13 you can still post your work, but must have the permission of an adult - parent or supervisor
So, what can you post?
You can write a review of any arts activity - film releases, books, art exhibitions, video games...you name it! Reviews should be around 200-400 words, or if you feel really fancy, you could try a video review!
Here's our tips for writing a good review:
The Voice team also regularly post reviews, including covering the bigger arts festivals. If you're interested in reviewing for Voice, please do contact us. We run a local reporters programme for reviewing in your area and a yearly national reporters programme for upcoming writers and journalists.
Blogs are opinion pieces. They can be about something that you have done, or something that is happening in the art world. If you want to write about a big arts news story, this is the place.
Tips for creating a good blog/vlog:
- Events and Opportunities
We're always on the lookout for competitions, work experience or networking opportunities for young creatives, so please post anything our readers might be interested in. Make sure events and opportunities are age appropriate and include the full details: date, time, location, booking link, entry deadline etc.
Where do you post?
If you don't have an account you can open one here If you already have an account and are logged in, click on the links below to begin publishing your work:
A few reminders before posting
- Use good quality photographs (around 800px wide)
- Make sure you spell and copy check before publishing onto the site (ask a friend or family member to check over if you aren't sure, and if you're publishing on behalf of a young person, please check over their work)
- If you copy and paste directly from Word, select 'paste and match style' in your browser dropdown.
- Once you've saved your article, go to the edit page and click the 'cropping' tab at the top. This lets you choose the best crops for your photo.
- You can put your work into one of our Voiceboxes if you're working on a project with others - just select the relevant Voicebox on the edit page before you publish
- Likewise, please check if the organisation you're reviewing or writing about is an Arts Award Supporter and select them from the dropdown on the edit page
- If something doesn't look right to you, please do get in touch, we'd be happy to help. firstname.lastname@example.org