Unit 1 is about personal arts development
Part A: extend your own arts practice
- Extend your arts practice by developing new arts skills in another art form, genre or practice.
- Work as an artist or in a 'behind the scenes' role like arts marketing or technical theatre.
- Collaborate with someone else – a friend with specialist expertise; a more advanced practitioner; a teacher. Then produce an original piece of work which is influenced by the skills you've learned in the new arts area.
- Share the work you make with others and review how this goes.
Chris plays the flute so he planned and created a new piece of music, working with a jazz musician. Here's his plan and here's the final piece which he performed at a public concert. More ideas in this video...
CREATE YOUR OWN PLAN BY TACKLING THESE QUESTIONS
- What is your main arts practice?
- What other practitioner will you work with and why?
- What have your chosen for your artistic challenge and why?
- What new material will you produce?
- How will you demonstrate how one arts practice has influenced the other?
- How will you share your work with others?
- How will you gather feedback from them?)
THEN RECORD IN YOUR PORTFOLIO
- Describe what your challenge is and why you chose it
- Show your plan to develop your skills
- Show how you kept track of your progress
- Show the new art work you created
- Show how you shared your work with others
- Review how the sharing went, including feedback from others
Any resources and tools to help you with this part of your Arts Award...