Here at Voice, we're on the search for past achievers of Arts Award! We know that many of you have entered creative careers and we want to keep in touch with you (and find out if Arts Award helped you find your path!) If you're just stepping into your creative career, we've got lots of help and guidance, plus some good year-round benefits to offer you. We've also got some treats to entice you to sign up quickly - see below!
Join our network by registering on Voice, and ensure you select which Arts Awards you've completed and roughly when. Then head over to the Youth Network hub on Voice and see what we've got on offer. Here's a taste of the benefits:
- We feature you on Voice, whether it's your Arts Award achievement or the work you do now
- Our partner Benefits Lite offers you discounts on theatre tickets, insurance, meals, experience days, printers, and much more
- Get a 10% discount on all subscriptions to The Stage
- You can train as an Arts Award Adviser at a 15% discount
- Get 10% off TheatreTokens.com orders
- Hear from professionals and get advice in Voice's careers section
- Stay up to date with our regular Arts Award enews and get the occasional special update for Arts Award Alumni
- You'll get invites to live networking opportunities
- Be in the know about jobs, training and opportunities from Voice and the team
- Join our Voice Contributors network to get access to free shows and events, and to voice your opinions
- Talk at conferences or events about your Arts Award work or career since doing Arts Award
So join us now, keep in touch with Arts Award, and collectively we can grow the next generation of arts leaders and show how we are ready to take on the world in any career choice we make.
And if you sign-up before the 20 March 2018 you could be in for winning^ one of:
- 5 Career Coaching sessions via Video-conference*
- A 1-year digital subscription to The Stage
- A season's membership to YPIA
- An Art Pass for a year
- £30 in music / literature download vouchers (from Amazon, Google Play or iTunes)
- £50 in Theatre Tokens
Selected alumni (as a 'draw from a hat') will be contacted to ask if you would like a career coaching session which will last between 30 & 60 minutes depending on your needs. We have panellists that can help whether you're 16 and considering next education options or 30+ and looking to grow your creative business. We'll suggest one of them for you, make the introduction and a time slot will be arranged at a mutually convenient time. The panel includes:
Rob West - Rob is the Programme Director at Creative & Cultural Skills (CCskills) and has previously been a senior officer with Arts Council England and Associate Director of the Theatre Royal Stratford East. A part of CCSkills' work is running the information & advice website Creative Choices.
Emrys Green - Emrys is the Business & Projects Manager for Upstart Projects - who run the Arts Award Youth Network & Voice Magazine. He is also a qualified apprenticeships assessor and board member of Unit Twenty Three who run festivals, touring theatre productions & other community projects across the east.
Vikki Jones - Vikki is a freelance community engagement specialist working with a number of cultural organisations across the Midlands, including Vcreate and Made in Corby. Previously she has led the participation team at Farnham Maltings and worked as Arts Award Support Coordinator for Trinity College London.
Phoebe Hill - Phoebe holds both Bronze and Gold Arts Award, the latter she achieved whilst being the Artist in Residence at the 5th Birthday Party at Shakespeare's Globe. Since graduating from Cambridge University in 2015, Phoebe has worked across the theatre sector in London and is now the Events Coordinator at educational and cultural organisation Bishopsgate Institute.
Emily Steer - Emily is the Deputy Editor of Elephant Magazine, a direct, spontaneous and multi-disciplinary magazine about the international contemporary art scene. She has also worked with titles including the Telegraph, Time Out, Grazia, i-D, Munchies and ofcourse Voice!
By keeping in touch with Arts Award you can access discounts, make use of our support group on Facebook and have full access to all the content we produce on Voice. Important however is your ability to engage, comment, and make use of the opportunities we promote. You can find out more about what's on offer by visiting our Arts Award Youth Network Hub.
^Winning one of our prizes:
It's simple. Just register on voicemag.uk and complete your profile including details of when you completed your Arts Award. After the 20th March 2018 we will then download names of all the Arts Award registrations and randomly select winners of each of our prizes, including the career coaching sessions. We'll get in touch via the email you register with to tell you how to claim your allocated prize. If you've won a career coaching session then we'll aim to match you up with our most appropriate panel member. If you decide that you do not want to go ahead with receiving your prize or don't get back in touch within 14 days then we'll randomly select the next winner. We'll do this up to 3 times and any unclaimed prizes will be rolled over for use at a future competition on Voice.