Unit 1 is about personal arts development
Part B: get involved in the arts world
- Find out about opportunities to develop your arts skills and think about what you want to do in the future.
- Take part in training or volunteer at an arts organisation. Aim for at least 5 days volunteering / work placement or 2 days training.
Read about Kate who volunteered and shadowed practitioners at lots of music projects and hear from Jess...
PLAN THIS PART BY ASKING YOURSELF
- Where can I find information and advice? There's loads on Voice – check our series!
- What relevant careers or occupations are there in the arts? Take a look at Creative Choices
- What kind of training or development do I need?
- How can I get involved?
- Are there any professional organisations that can help?
RECORD IN YOUR PORTFOLIO
- Show your research into opportunities and give your thoughts on what you've found out
- Describe how you got involved in volunteering, training or a placement and reflect on how it supported your arts development
- Include feedback from people you worked for/with
Any resources and tools to help you with this part of your Arts Award...