Spirit funds projects that bring people together – to learn something new, do something different, or experience something unique – and that leaves behind a social legacy of increased wellbeing at an individual level, as well as happier and more connected communities. To do this, we bring together a group of young adults to advise us in the fabric of decision making and help inform what Spirit does, how it operates, the programmes and partnerships it develops and how it communicates. By volunteering your time and sharing your views, you can help make a real difference and even get to develop your own fund.
Spirit of 2012 has already assembled a group of young people from across the UK. We want to have at least 10 members on the panel, and have identified gaps in the Midlands, North of England and in Wales. We are also particularly interested in working with people who hold an interest in the arts and creative sector.
- You’ll be aged between 18-28 years
- You'll live in either Wales, the Midlands or the North of England
- You’ll be passionate about the arts, sports and/or volunteering and their potential to change lives – all part of Spirit’s mission
- You’ll be driven to make a difference, develop new skills and see things through to the end, until at least December 2020
- You’re a great team player encouraging others to have a voice as well as confident to speak your mind and represent others views that are affecting young people today
- You’ll be able to give a couple of hours a month to us, plus attend three get-togethers a year
For more information and to apply using our short application form, please visit: https://www.spiritof2012.org.uk/joinouryap