Join National Centre for Writing's Engage! programme and Young Norfolk Arts for a day of discussion, workshops and debate exploring how to engage young people and inspire activism through arts and culture. If you're a young person or representative from a youth organisation, come together for a day of celebration of youth in the arts and practical workshops.
This workshop is free to attend. You can register using this link where more information is provided.
- What Works? Brainstorming ideas and examples from youth arts engagement across the region.
- Arts and wellbeing: artist Genevieve Rudd will lead a creativity wellbeing activity that explores nature, objects and place.
- How not to write a poem: facilitator and poet Lewis Buxton will introduce and open-up discussions on ideas for creative facilitation.
- Rural access: creative learning specialist Roxanne Matthews will lead an open discussion on rural access to the arts.
- Designing the ‘perfect’ youth programme: National Centre for Writing’s learning team will lead all attendees in this practical session.
- Arts and activism: Young Activist Network brings you an activity designed and delivered by them that will explore using arts and creativity in youth activism.
- Norwich 2040 sets out an ambitious vision for what the city is and could become in the near future, including the arts and cultural offer for children and young people. This workshop will give you the chance to get your teeth into these ideas, to shape and improve what we can offer young people over the coming years.
Find out more about Norfolk Young Arts: https://www.youngnorfolkarts.org/.