What's it all about?
We're looking for more writers to undertake specific editorial commissions within arts, media and culture, and to write for our Arts and Entertainment section in East of England Online's two digital regional lifestyle magazines, EOE365 and SOE365, focusing on Arts and Entertainment and What's On in the East and South of England.
If you are a keen writer we'd love to hear from you.
Who are we looking for?
- You must be passionate about the arts. We are looking for young writers who can submit work to a deadline.
- You must also be aged 16-25.
- Must have phone, email to take the brief over the telephone/email.
- Ability to organise/use your own transport (not all commissions will require transport).
- The ability to work independently.
- Be able to type up, and submit your work via email.
What will you get?
- A basic contributor's fee for commissioned magazine work (excludes reviews).
- Branded material which you will be able to keep: A pen, plus a T-shirt and [free] Press tickets for you and a plus one to the events you review (for reviewers only).
- All of the activities that the East of England Online offers can be used towards the Arts Award.
- Your work will receive a professional edit by one of our editors, which will be a fantastic learning experience for any keen young writers or journalists.
How to apply
- Send a sample review that you have written of any live show to East of England online FAO Editor at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please include your full name, date of birth and where you live.
- Say if you are a Gold Arts Award young person.
We welcome approaches from organisations working with young writers, but we need to have direct access to individual young people, as they will be joining our team as contributors/reviewers and need to work to our house rules.
Reviews should be kept to around 200-400 words. And magazine commissioned work around 300-600 words.
Please don't hesitate to email our Editor at email@example.com
*Please note, this is an opportunity to work to a professional level with the East of England Online team. It is very important that our writers are on time for every show, and file reviews shortly afterwards, and can meet the deadlines given for commissioned magazine work.
If you would like to apply and feel you may need extra support to achieve this, please do let us know when you apply so we can ensure the right support is in place.*