As part of their 10-year commitment to Moston, Harpurhey & Charlestown they are continuing the delivery of the SICK! Mental Health Arts Programme (SMASH), a creative social prescribing project that offers participants a range of innovative experiences designed to:
- Help improve how participants feel
- Increase their understanding of mental health and illness
- Enable them to meet and share their thoughts with others who are facing similar
- Increase confidence in talking about their experiences
- Provide new creative tools for exploring and expressing mental health experiences
Supported by The Pilgrim Trust, this iteration of SMASH will have a focus on engaging Women and Girls struggling with their mental health
The 2 elements they are looking for artist for are:
- Participatory workshops (CREATE): artist led workshops developing creativity as a way of exploring their own experiences. The sessions will be carefully pitched to enable participants to participate in ways that they are comfortable with. These sessions are aimed to be up to 2-3 hours long for a group of up to 10 participants.
- Creative Conversations (TALK): Facilitated conversations with artists about their work, the challenges they have faced and their approach to managing their own mental health and wellbeing. We envisage these to be intimate events for a group of up to 10 participants.
You can lead either a workshop or be the subject of the creative Conversation series, or both. All sessions will be held at a venue in Harpurhey on Monday mornings from 10.30am between April 2023 - January 2024.
For the workshop delivery the fee is £200 per session inclusive of planning with an additional £40 for materials.
For the Creative Conversations the fee is £200 per event inclusive of planning.
For the workshop we are asking artists to submit their proposal for a stand-alone workshop between 2-3 hours in length with a brief outline of content, objectives and outputs.
For the Creative Conversations we are asking for a brief outline of the sorts of themes/topics and discussions you would be interested in leading. From there we will consult with you to find a relevant focus for the event based around your portfolio and artistic practice. Each Creative Conversation is aimed to be between 1 – 1.5 hours.
Full details - https://sickfestival.com/news/smash-call-out-female-artists/