As an arts charity, Total Insight Theatre's primary aim is to make the arts accessible for all. The Nest is a series of free online creative workshops for 18-25-year-olds, taking place this April. Held over five weeks, The Nest offers a series of five online workshops led by a range of professional creatives. Each 1.5-hour workshop will highlight different pathways into the arts, helping participants find their voice, own their story and embark on their own creative path. The Nest gives young adults the chance to come together, nurture their creativity, meet, learn and work with industry professionals and develop new skills, ready to embark on their own creative paths.
The aims of the series
• To inspire and engage young adults who are on creative paths already
• To inspire young people who don’t usually take part in the arts
• To inspire and engage young adults who want to take part in the arts but have faced some kind of barrier/don’t feel that the arts are for them
• To introduce different pathways into the arts by talking to and learning from professional creative
• To enable participants to go away from the workshops with something they want to do or change, feeling empowered and inspired
Who are the professionals?
• Daniel Kok, International Producer at the Royal Court Theatre
• Tash Marks, Creative Associate at Mousetrap Theatre Projects and Young Persons Facilitator at Synergy
• Alessandro Babalola, Olivier Award-winning actor, writer, musician and director, starring in Topboy
• Shaniqua Benjamin, spoken word poet, writer, facilitator and Croydon’s first Poet Laureate
• Kieran Vyas, award-winning director, filmmaker and acting coach
When is it?
There is a choice of three groups and participants can choose from:
Tuesdays, 5 pm – 6.30 pm (Tues 20th April – Tuesday 18th May)
Wednesdays, 5 pm – 6.30 pm (Weds 21st April – Weds 19th May)
Thursdays, 5 pm – 6.30 pm (Thurs 22nd April – Thurs 20th May)
But hurry, groups have limited numbers so don't hesitate to sign up!