Brighter Sound is hosting a 5-day residency for adventurous music creators, producers, sound designers and digital artists.
Aimed at women and non-binary people as part of Brighter Sound's gender equality programme Both Sides Now, this is a unique opportunity to push creative boundaries, develop technical skills and collaborate with like-minded artists.
Electric Storm will take place between Monday 20th - Friday 24th January 2020 at Spirit Studios in Manchester.
As part of the project you will:
- Work collaboratively to create a bold new audio-visual work
- Learn more about how ‘An Electric Storm’ was produced and delve into the Delia Derbyshire Archive held at The John Rylands Library
- Work alongside professional artists Bishi, Caro C and Andrea Pazos
- Use sound-making technologies to sample, distort and experiment with acoustic instruments
- Develop skills in using Ableton software and the Push Controller
- Perform or record your creation – together you’ll decide the best way to showcase your brand new work.
To apply for Electric Storm, you must:
- Identify as female or non-binary
- Be aged 16=25
- Be based in Greater Manchester or the surrounding area.
- The deadline for applications is Monday 16th December.
- You can visit the Brighter Sound website and complete the online form to apply.