As part of https://www.eastside.org.uk/spoken-word-power - Spoken Word Power, Eastside invites you to apply for the third year of our poet educator training programme: Future Leaders.
Future Leaders is a national programme, with cohorts based in locations across England including London.
This training programme is part of https://www.eastside.org.uk/spoken-word-power - Spoken Word Power, a programme of spoken word poetry workshops in schools aimed at encouraging students to write and perform their very own poetry, perform in a school poetry slam and then nominate a class poetry team to represent them in an exciting performance event in the West End for World Poetry Day.
- January-March 2024: 9 sessions in total, approx. 20 hrs of training.
- Please note that this is an unpaid programme, but you will be provided with a bursary of £350, to contribute to expenses and time spent training.
- Training will consist of a mix of in-person lab-style training sessions in your local area, Zoom sessions with the national Future Leaders cohort, and in-person sessions shadowing poets delivering in schools on the Spoken Word Power programme in London.
What will be covered?
Future Leaders will develop skills in the following areas:
- Practical understanding of the realities of delivering workshops in schools and the process from start to finish
- Hands-on experience of planning and delivering high quality poetry writing and performance workshops
- New practical tools and techniques in workshop design, classroom management, workshop facilitation and practice delivering these
- Collaborative problem-solving in the context of facilitation challenges with the other Future Leaders with support from industry experts
To apply, please head to our application form https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/GXBHHFP - HERE and complete and submit the survey (including uploading your CV) by midnight on Friday 24th November 2023.
Interviews will be held online or in-person during the week commencing 4th December 2023.