ETT are looking to support an aspiring Production Manager in the early part of their career by giving hands-on experience across at least two Productions and mentorship from a range of senior venue and freelance Production Managers.
This opportunity is intended for someone to step into a production management role for the first time; you will work alongside their teams to deliver productions from inception to first night.
Some of the skills you will learn will include:
- Budget management
- Creative team liaison (specifically tour parameters in regard to set and budgetary constraints)
- Contract negotiations and shop liaison, attending regular production meetings, working in consultation with ETT's freelance Production Manager
- Feeding into and managing risk assessments
- On the ground technical and production experience in venues and on tour, including plan development, touring riders, managing technical rehearsals, transport logistics, get ins and get outs
The fee will be £6,710 to cover the period (the weekly rate is £550, which is pro rated for 3 day weeks to £330). Travel, accommodation, and a per diem will also be provided when required.
- Some experience of working in production-based roles in theatre, film, TV or events
- A curiosity to develop a career as a Production Manager in Theatre and, in particular, an interest in touring theatre
- Clear and calm communication and a warm and friendly manner
- Demonstrable experience of being able to handle an array of tasks simultaneously and efficiently, and being able to deliver to clear deadlines
- The ability to take initiative and be a positive team member
- Attention to detail
- An interest in improving working practises in theatres around Environmental Sustainability
- Some practical knowledge in carpentry, lighting, sound or video
- Understanding of the UK Theatre / Equity Sub-Repertory and BECTU Agreements for Backstage staff
FIND OUT MORE HERE: https://ett.org.uk/get-involved/jobs/