Reporting to the Head of Programme you will be responsible for assisting in the planning and execution of our marketing campaigns and film and event programme.
The Curzon's history has been intertwined with Clevedon's for over 100 years. Unlike many cinemas built in the heyday of early silents and Hollywood, our Grade II listed building has always been a cinema, never closing its doors to film-goers.
The building has survived two world wars and the dawn of the digital age: and is the oldest, continually running, purpose-built, independent cinema in the country, entertaining audiences from 1912 to the present day.
We are currently looking for a dynamic and creative individual to assist the Head of Programme in developing diverse audiences from across Somerset through vibrant marketing and the delivery of our film and events programme.
The successful candidate will have creative flair, excellent written and verbal communication skills and a passion for film and the arts.
The role will be for 26.5 hours per week and is based predominantly in the cinema which is located in Clevedon, North Somerset.
The successful candidate will have/be:
- Creative flair and the ability to market our programmes in unique and memorable ways
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A passion for film and the arts
- Be organised and have exceptional time management
- A natural team worker
- A commitment to embody our values
Ideally, you will also have experience:
- Working in a marketing or communications role
- Using graphic design packages
- Creating weekly 'now showing' flyers
- Writing and circulating the weekly newsletter
- Engaging with our audiences via social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and potentially others in future)
- Answering customer queries via social media
- Drafting copy for OnScreen Magazine, periodic press releases, website and other media as necessary
- Informing and updating relevant organisations eg. Discover Clevedon; Visit Bristol and others
- Support the Head of Programme by using data analytics from our sales platform to market directly to existing customers
- Updating the website periodically
- Sourcing relevant marketing assets to assets
- Ad-hoc campaign marketing as necessary
- Putting films and events on sale through the website
- Selecting BBFC appropriate trailers and updating playlists
- Updating trailers in foyer and mini-cinema spaces
- Supporting the Head of Programme with management of the diary
- Supporting the delivery of live events
To find out more information about us and the role, and to complete the application form please visit: https://www.curzon.org.uk/job/marketing-and-programme-assistant/