Salary: £20,319 pro rata (£10.42 per hour)
Contract: 60 days across January, February, March 2024
Hours: Variable hours (some prerequisite days)
Location: 42 Pembroke St, Oxford OX1 1BP
Reporting to: Head of Learning & Participation
- be a willing learner, comfortable speaking in front of groups of people and with a friendly and approachable manner.
- enjoy working with young people particularly those with English as an Additional Language, including children of ages 0-5 and 8-12 years.
- be able to work independently and collaboratively, and be happy to take on whatever task comes your way.
Your main duties will be
- supporting the Learning and Participation team to run the Extreme Reading Adventures programme, Story Explorer Courses, and Elmer community workshops;
- assisting with additional front-facing activities where needed, whether it be through our paid schools programme or funded participation work;
- working in small groups or one to one to support individual children;
- carrying out administrative tasks connected to the Extreme Reading Adventures programme;
- devising activities and preparing learning resources for the sessions;
- assisting with data collection for evaluation of the impacts of the activities.
Find out more here: https://www.storymuseum.org.uk/about-us/vacancies