As a trainee programmer you will gain valuable knowledge from our experienced Programming team in curating, marketing and delivering a film festival.
This will include learning about all aspects of programming, from sourcing new content, negotiating and managing relationships with rights holders, scheduling, broadening your tastes with a group of individuals who are passionate about film and of course getting to watch movies.
Training sessions will begin at the end of August and run until the end of October 2023. These will mostly take place online with hopefully at least one session to be held in person. Exact dates and times to be confirmed.
- Aged 16 - 25
- Based in Manchester or Birmingham or Leeds (surrounding areas included)
- Some knowledge and interest in independent cinema
- Interest in South Asian cinema
- Enjoy working as part of a team
- Committed to the programme
- Willingness to learn
- Don't need prior qualifications.
What you'll gain
- Mentorship from experienced industry experts.
- Knowledge of South Asian cinema and programming.
- Practical experience in programming. Trainee programmers will be shortlisting and finalising films for the festival's short film programmes.
- Free access to all screenings and events at the festival.
- A chance to network with industry professionals.
How to Apply
If you would like any further information please email [email protected]