Comma Press, one of the UK’s leading independent literary publishers, seeks a Publishing Assistant to support the delivery of its publishing programme, as well as its writer development work. The appointee will work closely with the Publishing Manager, Publicity Manager and CEO on all aspects of the day-to-day running of the press.
- Assisting with all aspects of the publishing process, including proofreading and typesetting
- Maintaining production and print schedules (for frontlist and backlist titles), and liaising with printers
- Producing print and digital products (including eBooks), and making them available for distribution
- Managing relationships with distributors, sales reps, libraries and bookshops, and ensuring that all metadata is up to date and accurate
- Monitoring consumer demand and preparing sales reports and presentations
- Creating sales and marketing materials, and ensuring that the company website is kept up to date with new titles, events and resources
- Managing logistics for Comma’s short story courses (in person and online)
- Managing the submission process for Comma’s annual short story prize
- Assisting with the planning of book launches and events, as well as Comma’s large-scale events programme
Full in-house training will be given for all aspects of the role (including aspects of book-production, design, editing and ebook conversion). Comma Press are looking for someone with well-developed communication skills and a high level of proficiency with the English language (for instance, they will often be expected to proofread texts to a high standard of accuracy). You must be able to work both independently and as a part of the Comma team, and have the resourcefulness to research and develop solutions unassisted.
Application deadline: Wednesday 6 October 2021
Location: Manchester, Northern Quarter/Ancoats
Type: Full-time, 5 days, 35 hours per week
For further information or to apply please visit: https://www.artsjobsonline.com/jobs/comma-press-publishing-assistant/