They are offering an opportunity for a bright, creative and resourceful graduate to join our editorial department and gain a valuable insight into the processes of illustrated publishing.
- Full time, four-month fixed placement
- Salary: £22,526 pro rata
- Office based, Central London
- Closing date: Monday 28 August 2023
This is a busy, varied position that will give you the opportunity to shadow and assist in the editing, picture research, design and proofing stages of the production process. In particular, you will provide dedicated administrative support for our Art list.
- A demonstrable interest in and knowledge of the visual arts and culture
- Knowledge of T&H's list
- A humanities degree
- Reliable, enthusiastic and conscientious
- Self-motivated with the ability to prioritise tasks and to work with others flexibly
- Excellent command of English spelling and grammar, and good attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills, both verbally and in writing
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office, especially Word and Excel
- Experience in Adobe InDesign and Acrobat Pro desirable but not essential
Among other tasks, you will be:
- Reviewing submissions
- Proofreading layouts
- Checking proofs and ebooks
- Drafting sales copy
- Researching or assessing illustration material
To apply, please send your CV with a covering letter outlining how you meet the requirements above to Sophie Castle, [email protected]. The deadline for applications is 28 August 2023.