Do you have a passion for raising young people’s voices? Would you like to help influence the way England’s histories are told? How about meeting other passionate young people while building your skills and experience?
The Young Producers programme at English Heritage could be for you!
We are looking for young people aged 18-24 to join our Young Producers from April 2023.
Our Young Producers are at the heart of Shout Out Loud, English Heritage’s youth engagement programme. Their ideas, creativity and interests help steer and shape the programme and support other areas of English Heritage activity too.
As a Young Producer you will:
- Have your voice heard and influence change at English Heritage
- Join our monthly meetings where you can meet other young people and contribute to decision making at Shout Out Loud and English Heritage
- Have the opportunity to take part in various projects – recent ones have included LGBTQ+ History, Black History, heritage careers and improving visitor experience for young people
- Meet heritage professionals and make connections
- Gain experience that is useful in a variety of sectors and workplaces, from research skills and public speaking to written communication and content creation
We want to ensure our work is relevant to all young people. To do this, we are committed to finding Young Producers from underrepresented groups to ensure a wide range of voices are heard.
We are therefore particularly interested to hear from young people who:
- Are from an ethnic minority
- Identify as part of the LGBTQ+ community
- Have a disability
- Are from low-income backgrounds
If this sounds good to you, we’d love to hear from you. Head to https://www.shoutoutloud.org.uk/young-producers-hub/join-the-young-producers/ to find out more and apply.
Deadline: 11:59pm 22nd March