Joanna Bird Contemporary Collections is a well-established, contemporary decorative arts gallery specialising in ceramics and glass.
The ideal candidate would be highly organised, flexible in their approach to prioritisation of tasks, and a conscientious approach to clients. They will be working within a small, creative and busy team. The applicant should have a positive and friendly attitude, be able to work on their own initiative with a methodical and concise approach.
This position would suit someone who enjoys writing, preferably having achieved a degree in English Literature, History of Art, or Classics. The ability to write well and concisely is important as the candidate will be working on proposals and letters to museums and arts institutions; as well as communicating with clients, fellow industry peers, and artists.
Their gallery space and office is situated within the home of the gallery’s owner and director, Joanna Bird. The candidate will be part of small and strong team. This is an entry level role with room to learn and grow to a full-time Gallery Manager position. All training will be provided.
- General administration tasks - filing, data entry, database management
- Art handling – packing, handling, organising shipping and delivery arrangements
- Diary management and PA responsibilities, including travel arrangements
- Coordinating social media and marketing activities
- Stock management, both digital and physical
- Maintaining and building good relationships with clients, artists, press contacts
- Meeting deadlines in a time pressured environment
- Copywriting – press releases, newsletters, blog posts for the Gallery and Foundation website
- Minor evening work for support with exhibition events
Key creative projects the selected candidate will be involved in:
- A major art project for the charitable Joanna Bird Foundation, set to culminate over a 5-year period
- COLLECT 2020; Joanna Bird has exhibited at COLLECT for 18 years
- Bi-annual London showroom exhibitions in Chiswick
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office programs primarily Excel and Word
- Experience using Adobe Photoshop and InDesign
- Good sense of layout and design, graphic design and creative ideas
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to drive with a full clean driver’s license
For more information - [email protected]