Delivered in partnership with Digital Advantage, this hands-on learning and development programme for women and people of marginalised genders aims to empower the business leaders of the future. We’ll support you to get your ideas off the ground to influence, shape and make a difference to the music industry.
Over 10 weekly sessions from May-July, you’ll:
- Test and build your business idea, exploring routes to market
- Learn how to develop, manage, lead and grow your business
- Learn how to develop your own digital business proposition, with a website, brand, social media and marketing plan
- Receive one-to-one mentoring to help you in your next steps
- Join a supportive network and create lasting connections with other people working across the industry
The programme will feature inspirational business leaders including Naomi Timperley, Remi Harris and Tamara Gal-On. They’ll deliver sessions on topics like building confidence, values, personal branding, digital storytelling, and more.
Who It’s For
We’re looking for committed and determined people with business ideas that can impact the music industry. You may already be self-employed or have registered your business. The programme is also open to promising entrepreneurs that haven’t yet made that leap but are serious about taking the next steps.
This project is part of our Both Sides Now Leadership Programme, a dedicated investment into emerging leaders of marginalised genders from the North of England. For this reason this opportunity is only open to:
- Women and people of marginalised genders – we welcome participants who identify as non-binary, gender non-conforming, cis-gendered, or trans.
- People who are based in, or have strong links to, the North of England (by the ‘North’ we mean the North East, North West and Yorkshire regions)
- People aged 18+
All workshops will take place on Wednesdays. Below is a breakdown of the different times and locations of all workshops:
- 11 May, 10am-3pm, in-person (Manchester)
- 18 May, 9.30-11am, online via Zoom
- 25 May, 4-5.30pm, online via Zoom
- 1, 8, 15, 22 June, 9.30-11am, online via Zoom
- 29 June, 9.30am-11am and 3-4.30pm, online via Zoom (optional)
- 6 July, 12-3pm, in-person (Manchester)
Separate to these workshops, you’ll also receive 6 one-to-one mentoring sessions which will be arranged individually.
If you can’t make all of these dates and times that’s totally fine. Just let us know when filling in the form below which dates you wouldn’t be able to make, or could only make some of.
Please complete either a written, video or audio application form* by 9am on Tuesday 3 May.
*If you have any specific access needs relating to the application process or the sessions themselves, please let us know. You can contact us by calling 0161 546 5334 (leave a message and we will get back to you) or emailing us at [email protected].