What was the title of the activity?
Complete Filmmaker Guide: Become an Incredible Video Creator. This is an online course.
What art form did you try?
Why did you take this workshop?
To increase my knowledge of Film-making. When I watched the preview to the course, the Instructor seemed energetic and passionate about it whereas the others seemed like they were reading off a script. He kept my attention and made it interesting. He showed preview clips on what his course would cover and that covered what I hoped to learn.
Who taught the event, and what did you learn about this teacher?
Julian Melanson, he has been a director and filmmaker for 7 years he is also:
A Founder & Creative Director at Visual MVMT, Director of Visual Media at DJcity
And Filmer & Director at Destination Luxury.
He is passionate and informative, easy to listen too and knowledgeable about film-making.
Did you create any artwork? Describe it and the processes you undertook when you created it:
No, I did not make any artwork. As the course was online I used the knowledge of it to help make my film.
List some new skills or ideas you learnt:
There were 17 sections in the course but this also included the intro and outro.
Production & Lenses
Production & Lighting
Production & Sound
Production & Filming Fundamentals
Complete Framing Understanding
Mastering Cinematography & Camera Movement
Post Production Essentials
Clarity of Editing Concepts
Key Editing Principles & Theories
How to Break the Rules Properly
Mastering the Montage
Final Post Production Steps
These are the skills I learned from each section:
2. I learned that film-making requires a big commitment of your time.
3. I learned about everything to do with pre-production about being organised and knowing everyone's roles.
4. I learnt about the equipment needed to make a film.
5. I learnt about the camera and audio positioning
6. I lenses and why you use different types,
7. angles to produce the best effect
8. how to make an atmosphere using light,
9. how to keep sound equipment out of frame and types of microphones,
10. How to apply all this knowledge.
11. Making the first draft cut
12. Understanding when and how to edit
13. How not to ruin a story with editing
14. Breaking the rules depending on the story
15. We learnt all about montages and adding soundtracks to them
16. I learnt how to colour correct, add text and export the film
17. End credits
Did you enjoy the activity? Why?
Yes, it was fun. I like watching videos and he was interesting and energetic to watch. When i had enough i could pause it and comeback to it later this workshops suits the way i learn. He was informative and went in detail.
As I was not old enough to register for my own account my mother did this on my behalf. I was the one who took the course and watched the videos but the certificate came in my mother's name because that was who's the account was registered to. I was the one who found and selected the course, my mother was the one who paid for it in her name.