At Brighton Fringe 2017 we'll be awarding a prize to the best newcomer. Your show can be in any category (theatre, comedy, circus, visual arts… etc) there is only one condition: it must be your first time at the Fringe.
To be in the running you must apply to us by 1st May 2017 with details of your show, dates of performances and information about your company or solo practice. We will select a long-list and then send a reviewer to one of your performances—don't worry, we will arrange tickets directly through the Fringe.
What will you get?
All long-listed applicants will:
- Have your show reviewed on Voice during the Fringe, and mentioned on social media
- Be included in the publication of our long-list to Voice prior to the Fringe for additional promotion and interviews where possible.
The winner will:
- Have you and your work featured on Voice Magazine
- Be profiled throughout the year (up to four times), following your progress
- Receive a free registration to Brighton Fringe
How to apply
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with the following:
- Your full name and contact telephone number
- Details of your show including the title, dates, and URL for the show on Brighton Fringe's website
- Details about the history of the show — e.g. Is this the very first performance, is it a work in progress, has it toured before?
- Links to any previous press you've received for your show (don't worry if you haven't had any yet!)
- Details of your most recent past performances
*Please ensure that you make the subject of your email "Application: Voice's Best Newcomer to Brighton Fringe"