The Bitter Pill Theatre run a playwriting competition every other month called the PainKiller Project that results in a £250 prize for each winning play.
The winning play will be produced and released on The PainKiller Podcast.
They hope that the repetitive nature of the competition helps to make the project feel collaborative and cyclical - like theatre.
So far their plays have been performed by actors including Tamsin Greig, Miriam Margolyes, Toby Jones, Noma Dumezweni, Jason Watkins and Jessica Barden.
- They are looking for scripts 1500 words, including directions and characters names
- Plays should be written for 1 or 2 actors
- There is no age limit
- The script needs to include a title page with the title
- A synopsis and a casting suggestion for each character
- Needs to be a Word file or PDF
Applications open between 6th of September (10:00am) to 9th of September (10:00pm)
For more information and how to apply please visit: https://www.bitterpilltheatre.com/painkillerproj