The aims of Tamasha Playwrights are:
• to offer long-term career development in a supportive environment to emerging playwrights from culturally diverse backgrounds.
• to develop, guide and shape playwrights in the art of theatre writing by offering craft-based sessions.
• to further train playwrights on self-producing, fundraising, facilitation and project management.
• to support and encourage members to be the creative leads on their own project ideas, and to empower them to make a living as artists in between play commissions.
• to guide the writers in writing a new play idea and offering a showcase opportunity of this work to the wider theatre industry.
What you’ll get out of this programme
• Mentoring and support through structured workshops/sessions every fortnight over the period of 10 months (starting this autumn)
• A £500 bursary and allotted writing time
• Dramaturgical support on a new script
• The chance to be part of the 2021/22 Tamasha Playwrights scratch festival
How to apply
Please send the following to [email protected]:
• An example of one full length script (no less than 40 pages and no more than 90 pages). Both un-produced and produced scripts are welcome.
• A document with a bit of information about you and why you want to be on the programme. This can also be submitted in various other formats such as a video submission, voice recording, or presentation … really whatever you wish, as long as you tell Tamasha why this programme would be useful to you.
• A completed Equal Opportunities Form
You do not need to have writing experience to apply.