Youth Focus are looking for Young People who
- Live in the North of England
- Are age 16-25 on 1st August 2021
- Have a passion for having their voices and views heard
- Have the time to commit to this role and monthly meetings from September 2021 - August 2022, first online and then (hopefully) some in person
(Young People don’t have to have an interest or background in Arts or Creativity, but we do need Young People with opinions and who aren’t shy about saying what they think.)
Who are Arts Council England:
We are Arts Council England, the national development agency for creativity and culture. We give money to people and organisations to support creativity and make culture happen.
- Culture means things like painting, music, dance, theatre, museums, libraries.
- Creativity is what happens when we make culture. Creative practitioners are people who make culture, like musicians, dancers, or people who look after museums and libraries.
We want England to be a country in which the creativity of each of us is valued and given the chance to flourish and where everyone has access to a remarkable range of high-quality cultural experiences.
Young People will have:
- A chance to engage in national and local cultural experiences
- Opportunity to have their voices heard
- Develop and enhance their skills
- A chance to connect with Arts Council and cultural sector staff through mentoring opportunities
- Opportunity to influence Arts Council England’s policies and programmes
- Input on projects that interest them
- Add to their CV and gain valuable work experience
- Tech and Support to access the online sessions
- Meet like-minded young people and most importantly, have fun!