We want to elevate the voices of six people aged 16+ from the North of England. You should have experience of creating your own digital content, but you don’t have to be an expert. You’ll get a fee of £500 plus support, including workshops and mentoring, to help you bring your idea to life.
Over the next three months, create exciting and meaningful content that can be shared across Brighter Sound’s digital channels (e.g. YouTube, Instagram, Soundcloud).
- Be music-related, but doesn’t have to have a musical output (e.g. a song)
- Respond to our current season theme Let’s Reconnect
- Appeal to an audience of young musicians and music lovers
It could be something like a vlog, a mini-documentary, a podcast, digital art, poetry, music, animation – or anything else. We invite you to be creative and surprise us!
How to apply
Please complete an online expression of interest form* by Fri 23 Oct, midday.
We’ll ask you:
- What’s your idea, how do you plan on sharing your content and how does it relate to our current season theme ‘Let’s Reconnect’?
- What makes your idea unique or important?
- Have you ever done anything like this before?
If you’d prefer to answer these questions in video format (max. 3 mins per question), please click the link below. You’ll be asked a few questions, including personal details, and we’ll then give you instructions on how to send us your video submission.
*If you have any specific access needs relating to the application process or the work itself, please let us know. Contact us at [email protected] or 0161 546 5334.
This project is made possible by support from the Esmée Fairbairn Foundation.