Main purpose of the Role
The main purpose of the role is to support the marketing department in devising and delivering campaigns to fulfill TRSE’s marketing and audience development strategies for our shows, our bar and kitchen, theatre hires and work by other departments.
This role works with all departments at TRSE and with external parties such as PR agents and graphic designers. At busy times they will support the box office team by covering lunch breaks and answering correspondence over phone, email and live chat.
Applications close on the 26th February at noon.
More details please see: https://www.stratfordeast.com/about-us/vacancies/
- Assist the marketing team with research and campaign planning
- Liaise with external agencies e.g. printers, designers, distributors, etc
- Ad hoc support with organising photo and video shoots; transport and accommodation; printing, filing, postage, etc
- Reconciling marketing department credit card and raising purchase orders
- Writing notes for and attending the weekly ops meeting
- Keeping track of merchandise inventory records
- Oversee updating of listings sites for all shows, and for bar events
- Supply the archive department with print samples
- Assist with our press strategy (oversee clippings and photo libraries; maintain press noticeboard; assist agency with press nights and interviews; fulfill request forms)
- Research and build relationships with local businesses and community groups to promote shows
- Maintain digital and printed front of house displays (and stock room)
- Oversee the installation and removal of front of house and Stratford Centre signage
- Regularly update and audit the TRSE website and e-signature
- Contribute to social media and email planning, including reciprocal marketing activity
- Promote access performances by creating Facebook events and doing online listings
- Ad hoc Spektrix maintenance (setting up, logging and deactivating promo codes; setting up digital and printed mailings; cleaning the database)
Bar and kitchen
- Update bar and kitchen web page and events pages on the TRSE website
- Oversee bar and kitchen point of sale (menus, posters, flyers, table talkers)
- Research and connect with local businesses to promote the bar and kitchen
- Support and advocate for TRSE, its mission, aims and activity
- Maximise income and minimize expenditure wherever possible, without jeopardising the quality of the work or the reputation of TRSE
- Be familiar with and abide by all TRSE Company Policies including, but not limited to, our Equal Opportunities Policy, Dignity at Work Policy and Health and Safety Policy
- Undertake any other duties as appropriate to the post
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent prioritisation, organisation and time management skills.
- Great attention to detail
- Excellent IT Skills
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Interest in the arts and the work of Theatre Royal Stratford East
- Ability to work flexibly
- Commitment to equal opportunities and access to the arts for all
- Experience using ticketing systems (Spektrix in particular)
- Experience of using a website content management system
- Experience creating emails with mass-mail software
- Social media skills
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite
- Experience managing, and writing for, a blog
- Customer service experience
Contract type: Part time and permanent
Salary: £9,068.80 per annum
Hours of Work: 16 hours per week.
Usual office hours are Monday to Friday 10am to 6pm, we are flexible as to how the 16 hours are split over the week. Occasional evening/weekend work required for which an informal TOIL system is in operation.
Holidays: 22 days per annum plus bank holidays pro rata. This will increase by 1 day for each full holiday year of service completed to a maximum total of 25 days pro rata.
Pension: Up to 5% matched pension contribution after qualifying period
Other benefits: Season ticket loans, Cycle to Work Scheme, complimentary theatre tickets, staff catering discounts
Notice Period: 3 months
Probation Period: 6 months
TRSE is committed to a policy of equal opportunities embracing diversity in all areas of activity and positively welcomes applications from disabled people and people of all ethnicities.