Papaya Young Directors is a competition for young aspiring film directors. Entrees are asked to produce films in order to increase their visibility in the arts industry, gain experience and create a film portfolio.
Who can enter?
You must be aged 20-35 to enter the competition.
How do I enter?
- Entrance to the competition is free.
- If your directorial application reaches the third round, you will be given 2,500 Euros to finance the film.
- You must register on the Papaya Young Directors webpage and receive Creative Starter briefs. You can select the one most appealing to you.
- You can submit up to two Director's treatments by uploading it to the Papaya website.
- You can work by yourself or in a two-person team.
If I win, what happens?
If you become a finalist, you'll be given a 2,500 Euros to finance your project. Also, you'll be given a list of companies to help you with your project.
Films from the finalists will be showcased during the final Gala as well as at various exhibitions and festivals. If your work receives an honourable mention you may also receive a cash prize.
What is the competition deadline?
You must submit your entries by January 19th 2020.
Where can I find out more?
You can find out more on the Papaya Young Directors website to explore the competition details and guidelines.