This is part of a wider project with our Physical Activity colleagues as part of funding from the Activity Alliance, ‘Get Out, Get Active’.
Culture Liverpool are seeking proposals from not-for-profit arts and cultural organisations to run creative responses/ activities around getting people more active and help reduce social disconnection*.
Activity should be creative, engaging, accessible, and exciting! Of a high quality and in a group environment. Think dancing, singing, physical theatre, heritage walks; or you tell us! They want people to become more creatively active and less sedentary.
Activity will need to run between Feb and September 2023.
They are especially interested in EoI that can:
- Indicate potential legacy activity that people can continue participating in.
- Promote physical activity/ well-being in between participation sessions.
- Are inclusive to or focused at LGBT+, Carers, HE Students at risk of isolation.
- Enable disabled and non-disabled people to be active together
*Social disconnection can mean those that are less socially engaged, at risk of isolation or loneliness, lack of community connection and cohesions etc.
More active people in Liverpool. Minimum numbers required to be engaged is 10 unique participants* for £2000 commissions and 25 of more for £5000.
Activity levels improved and working towards becoming regularly active for 30-150 mins a week.
Commissions awarded will be expected to:
- Enter a project/ partner agreement
- Collect both quantitative and qualitative data, a registration form for participants will be provided with requirements to upload these details to an LCC approved monitoring system.
- Communicate with relevant Liverpool City Council officers
- Include relevant logos in promotion.
*Unique participants are classed as those new to an ‘active’ activity and are currently considered regularly inactive (doing less than 30 mins of activity in a typical week. E.g. if a participant is already engaging in an active session e.g. dance, they could not be counted. Repeat engagement from one individual to multiple sessions is classed as 1 unique participant.
- Expression of interests received by 23 December 2022
- Final proposals: end Jan
- Delivery period: Between February-September 2023
They will be looking to commission between 5-8 projects to the level of £2000-£5000.
To submit an expression of interest please send the following:
- No more than 2 pages of A4
- Organisation and individual contact details
- Creative activity you are offering -short description, who to and why (please state if any closed sessions to a specific group)
- Where sessions will be held including ward area.
- Approx. amount of sessions & timescale.
- Minimum number of people engaged
- Website address and contact details
Please send this to [email protected] by 9am on 23 Dec 2022 latest.
Shortlisted groups will then be asked for more details.
If you would like an informal chat about this, please contact Laura with your contact details on the above email to arrange a call.