The Careers & Enterprise Company is the national body for careers education in England, supporting schools and colleges to deliver modern, 21st-century careers education. Its mission is to help every young person find their next best step.
They do this by:
- Training and supporting Careers Leaders
- Bringing employers, educators and providers together through our network of Careers Hubs
- Sharing practical digital tools and resources
About the Youth Advisory Group
Working closely in partnership with the Careers and Enterprise Company since 2020, the British Youth Council have supported in establishing, developing and integrating youth voice across their work.
The Careers and Enterprise Company's Youth Advisory Group are a group of passionate youth voice ambassadors from across England, who share a mission to improve education and career outcomes for young people, especially those with barriers to accessing mainstream education or traditional career pathways.
The Youth Advisory Group is led by the Youth Leadership Team at The Careers & Enterprise Company, with facilitation and support from the British Youth Council.
Broadly the purpose of the group is to:
- Shape and influence the role of youth voice in the work of The Careers & Enterprise Company ensuring that youth voice and lived-experiences are embedded across the organisation.
- Support The Careers & Enterprise Company in sense checking the organisation's plans and the reasoning behind them.
- Develop an increased awareness of the careers programmes and support that young people are entitled to.
- Support The Careers & Enterprise Company to effectively survey young people nationally about their experience of careers education.
- Represent the Careers & Enterprise Company at important engagements, such as roundtable discussions, conferences, events and across their comms channels.
- And more.
They're delighted to announce the launch of their recruitment to find the next Youth Advisory Group. This is the second year of The Careers & Enterprise Company Youth Advisory Group and as new members you will help continue the development of new ways of working and thinking about the direction of this group.
They are looking to bring together a group with a wide diversity of careers experience and educational backgrounds, whether this is the beginning of your career journey or whether you are now in employment. We welcome applications from those with experience in state secondary schools, colleges or further education, specialist provision (such as PRU or SEND schools), homeschooled, T Levels, apprenticeship programmes and other training.
Age: 14 - 25 years old (as of the 1st September 2022), including those still in school or college
Location: England - the work of The Careers & Enterprise Company only covers England and so this role is open to any applicants in England. We welcome applicants from all regions.
They want to make sure The Careers & Enterprise Company has members with a range of knowledge and skills, and they really welcome applicants who may not have engaged in an opportunity like this before.
Please read the application pack to find out more about:
- What we’re looking for in a Youth Advisory Board member
- What support you can expect from us
- How to apply
- The recruitment timeline
- Who to contact with questions or queries
For full information - https://www.byc.org.uk/uk/careers-enterprise-company-advisory-group