a-n is the largest artists’ membership organisation in the UK. Growing from a grass-roots 500-copy-a-month newsletter, to a magazine, online platform, and now a full professional membership offer, this is a pivotal time for the organisation with ambitious ideas, programmes and a critical role to play in championing, campaigning for and supporting visual artists.
About the role:
The Programme and Communications Assistant provides administration support for the delivery of a-n’s Programme including events, bursaries and online content. They also support communications and marketing activities for all aspects of a-n’s business, and administrative support for a-n’s advocacy, research and campaigns. Working collaboratively across the team, the role provides additional administration support for CEO, staff and governance, as required.
- Recent relevant experience gained in a similar role.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, and able to maintain relationships with a wide variety of people and organisations.
- Proven team player, effectively managing own time, sharing and prioritising workload within a fast-paced environment.
- Logical and inquisitive approach to problem solving.
- Good record keeping and attention to detail with methodical approach and persistence.
- Experience of working in an arts organisation or ability to demonstrate an interest in contemporary visual arts.
- Appropriate and effective use of a range of communication techniques and systems.
- IT literate and ability to learn new digital software and platforms as necessary. Key software and platforms currently used by a-n include: Microsoft Office, Zoom, Skype, Civi CRM, Wordpress, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn.
- Willing contributor to co-learning and knowledge sharing.
- High level of confidentiality and integrity.
- Commitment to equal opportunities and diversity.
Please visit a-n.co.uk for the Programme and Communications Assistant Job Pack which includes the Job Description and Person Specification, how to apply and guidance notes for applicants.
If you have any questions, or would like to have an informal discussion before applying please contact [email protected]
Deadline for applications: Thursday 5 May 2022, 12 noon