The International College of Musical Theatre (the ICMT) is a leading drama school offering world-class musical theatre training taught by West End and Broadway professionals. With colleges in London, New York, Rome and Belfast and other operations across the world, they provide courses specifically designed for those who wish to pursue a career in the world of musical theatre.
They are seeking a Singing Technique Teacher at their London campus for both group and one-to-one teaching.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Coach students in singing technique to support of their musical theatre training.
- Teach one-to-one and group singing lessons.
- Protect and promote the welfare of students for whom you are responsible and with whom you come into contact.
- Maintain communication with the Head of Musical Theatre and Head of Singing.
- Attend meetings where necessary.
- Comply with the college’s policies and procedures, ensuring inclusion, and equality of opportunity.
- Ensure that health and safety issues are adequately understood and that procedures are followed effectively and consistently.
- Respect confidentiality of data in line with GDPR.
Experience, skills and expectations
- Prior teaching experience at undergraduate/professional level.
- Basic piano/accompanying skills.
- Hold or obtain an enhanced DBS certificate.
- Understanding of a broad range of musical theatre repertoire.
- A working knowledge of EVT.
- An excellent knowledge of Musical Theatre repertoire from 1920 to the present day.
- Different teaching pedagogies and strategies applicable to the subject.
- An excellent understanding of vocal anatomy, vocal technique and vocal repertoire.
- An understanding of current best practices.
- Ability to identify and solve vocal technique problems.
Ideal candidate is someone who:
- Inspire and promote a love of musical theatre and the desire for excellence in our students.
- Can challenge even the most confident students while nurturing those who need further help.
- Possesses the professionalism and competency necessary to discharge all professional duties in an effective manner.
Application deadline: 17th of December
For more information and to apply please visit: https://theicmt.com/singing-technique-teacher-london/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=singing-technique-teacher-london