Our Instaviews series takes place live on our Instagram, where we interview a wide range of creatives as we get to know the person behind the art. From singers and actors to producers and writers, these creatives provide young people with insider knowledge about pursuing creative careers. Join us weekly and discover the fun behind a long list of exciting creative careers.
Know someone who you think would be great to feature on Instaviews? Email [email protected].
|Check back soon...|
We've chatted with a great array of artists so far.
- Discover what it's like to be a debut novelist with Serena Kaur.
- Catch up with Luke Wright in this interview.
- Find our chat with actress and podcaster Amy Worthington.
- Listen to our interview with directors and producers Darius Shu and Arron Blake.
- Get the low-down on sound artistry with field recordist Benjamin Gale.
- Chat with Artistic Directory of Entelechy Arts David Slater.
- Get the low-down on the Redt'Blue documentary with producer Jay Martin.
- Find out more about producing a digital arts festival with Jose Reyes Canseco.
- Explore podcasting with Creative Careers podcast host Ben Lintott.
- Get caught up on Greek theatre and mythology with Tamsin Shasha.
- Discover what it's like to choreograph for stage with Rhiannon Faith.
- Get a glimpse into digital theatre with Robbie Gordon.
- Contribute towards inclusivity in the arts with Michelle Sewell.
- Find out about lockdown poetry and projects with poet Jess Green.
- Kickstart your writing and leadership projects with writer Shaniqua Benjamin.
- Make art for your community with Abdul Shayek.
- Learn about giving a platform to queer voices with Gage Oxley.
- Share marginalised histories with Fiona Compton.
- Sing to raise awareness about the climate crisis with Ben See.
- Simeon Costello spoke about his short film 'Shuttlecock', which played at the BFI Film Festival
- Get top tips on forming poetry from Instagram poet J R Darbon.
- Emi Tanmura spoke about her upcoming collection inspired by hidden homelessness.
- Get in the Christmas spirit with actor and artistic director Derek Murphy.
- Talking to Warren Reilly about his new project, Fashioning Our Future.
- Getting to know the musical prodigy that is Ava Klass.
- Talking undiscovered music from Africa and across the diaspora with Ian Opolot from Ubunifu Space.
- The intertwining music and theatre with Pecho Mama.
- One of our own Elle Farrell-Kingsley talks to us about her many creative ventures.
- Get to know Scottish singer/songwriter Kerri Watt.
- Grace Harman talks about her amazing experiences and dream of becoming a professional musician.
- Join us in getting to know highly-acclaimed photographer Pixie Levinson.
- Enjoy a good old chat about all things TV with Sky TV Presenter Hayley Palmer.
- Talk music and staying motivated in lockdown with Ed Cosens.
- Award-winning filmmaker, Jay Martin shares his advice on how to get into the film industry.
- Bello Duo shares their story about their love of music, and love of one another.
- Award-winning filmmaker Luana Di Pasquale discusses the success of her short film, 'Keep Mum'.
- Actors Akash Prasad and Moses Alexander talk about their powerful short film, 'All The Same'.
- Living our most Jellicle lives with the Jellicle Linus Karp himself.
- From a life of fame to the comedic spotlight, meet Tania Lacey, an Australian pioneer.
- Meet young director Robyn Horne who talks to us about her adaptation of Sam Steiner's Lemons.
- Our Assistant Editor Saskia Calliste takes the chair and speaks to our editor Tom Inniss about her new book, Hairvolution.
- Oriane Pick joins us to talk about all her upcoming projects, and how she effectively manages to be both actor and producer.
- Talking all things music with Imanja Juke for Black History Month, who gives some great, uplifting advice for disabled artists.
- Idriss Assoumanou joined journo Hamish Gray to discuss his film career and Black History Month.
- Keighley Douglas talks to us about how she is bridging the gap in the UK education system with her Kids Black History channel.
- Our very own journalist Hamish Gray talks to us about his experience at COP26 as an UN-accredited member of the press.
- Public figure and Forbes Top 100 Environmentalist Anita Okunde joined us to discuss her experience at COP26.
- December is more than just Christmas, it's Hanukkah too! Learn about Hanukkah and theatre with Leora Wadler.
- Get into the Christmas spirit with Jack and Alice from Medium Rare Productions as they talk their spooky panto 'It's Behind You!'.
- The most jellicle Linus Karp joins us again to talk about his second tour of 'How to live a jellicle life'.
- Catherine Garvey talks to us about her animated short, 'Bye, Suckers!' featured in our Winter Film Festival.
- Andrietta Simbi talks to us about her documentary short, 'Where We Are' featured in our Winter Film Festival.
- Carla Zuill, founder and editor of SheHubTV, joins us for International Women's Day.
- Meet the cast of The Collab as they talk about their debut show.
- TrinityTalent Class of 2021 nominee Tevini Yashara Dias joins us to discuss her experience with Trinity College London.
- TrinityTalent Class of 2021 nominee Yoni Nemko comes on Instaviews to perform a piece he did for his Rock & Pop exam.
- TrinityTalent Class of 2021 nominee Sarah Hoben joins guest interviewer Dayna about all things music.
- TrinityTalent Class of 2021 nominee Joe Manning discusses his experiences with Trinity College London.
- Actor and campaigner Ayvianna Snow joined us to discuss her thriving career in the world of Indie film.
- Senior Media & Content Producer Jodie Smith of Media Cubs joins us to discuss the importance of journalism for
- Guitarist/teacher, and viral lockdown sensation Scott Morgan, talks about how he turned a lockdown past time into a viable career.
- Leyla Josephine discusses her debut book of poems In Public/In Private and how having zero expectations is the key to success.
- Voice Contributor and YA Author Alex Hart joined us to discuss her latest project 'Tutor for Ukraine' and how you can get involved.
- Michael J Diamond joins us to discuss the lack of representation of those from less-privileged backgrounds in the film industry.
- GSA student Ed Shamwana joins Instaviews to discuss his work as an EDI rep and to champion cultural diversity in the arts.
- Champion of youth participation in arts and culture Liam Gifford joined us to talk about his career and the importance of local theatre.
- Bristol-based band Adult Leisure joined us for a quick catch-up about their debut EP and how the band came to be.
- Our own Editor Tom Inniss made a rare appearance to reflect on the year we've had at Voice and what you can expect from us in the new year.
- For the first Instaviews of 2023, we were joined by Brazilian performer and founder of the Yellow Women Collective Isabella Sperotto about her debut show at VAULT Festival 2023.
- Rogue Ballerina Rose Alice joined us for Instaviews to give some very wise words to all creatives who don't fit in with tradition.
- Bristol-based band Bitter Kisses joined us to discuss their debut single Pr*y.
- The director and writer of debut show How We Begin join us for Instaviews to discuss all things VAULT Festival and bi representation.
- Director of Caligula and the Sea and one of the VAULT Five Yuxuan Liu joins us for instaviews to discuss his directorial debut.
Missed an Instaview?
Nearly all of our Instaviews are available to rewatch over on our Instagram TV.
We also release the audio from our Instaviews over at the Voice Magazine Podcast, and on our YouTube. These episodes go out every Wednesday, on all major podcasting platforms.
You can find all the details over at anchor.fm/voice-magazine