This role will be centred around supporting their Accountable community and will perform the following:
- Meeting with community leaders and listening to their concerns and needs and bringing this back to the Accountable team.
- Thinking about solutions, finding and organising tools for support.
- Work with the team to develop content, research, and resources that respond to their needs and disseminating these in various formats and channels. This could be through email, via our platform, social media and others.
- Work alongside the Programme Assistant to build understanding of user support and community engagement.
- Telling and sharing the stories of their Groups.
- Supporting the delivery of their monthly community grant making series: Pitch Perfect.
You don’t need to know about ‘fiscal hosting’, community building or relationship management. They can teach you all of that!
What they are looking for is someone who:
- Cares about social action and is curious about how grassroots organisations work.
- Is a great communicator, loves talking and meeting people.
- Is comfortable working with all types of people from diverse backgrounds.
- Comfortable with light touch research, has good attention to detail, and is good at presenting information in an engaging and easy to navigate way.
- Comfortable working independently but with guidance from the team.
The role will be part time, 25 hours per week. They are open to discussing a flexible working pattern and are happy to accommodate what suits the individual. Their core hours are 10-4pm.
Wage: £11.05 per hour (London Living Wage)
Location: Office based with occasional work from home – 237 Pentonville Road, London, N1 9NG
Time in the office is flexible and dependent on the individual’s working days and hours
For more information and to apply - https://thesocialchangeagency.org/vacancies/community-support-assistant/