Unit 1 is about personal arts development
Part D: form and communicate a view
- Explore an issue in the arts that interests you and form your own opinion. It might be a big issue in the arts or one that is very local to you.
- Put together an argument based on your research and present your case to others. Find out what other people think of your opinion.
- Ask yourself how you'll present your case?
Here are some ideas...
- Take part in a debate, live or online Hannah organised a live debate on how artists represent conflict at Tate Modern
- Post a blog on Voice - read Jo on How schools view careers in the arts or lots of opinion pieces in My Word is Gold
- Write to a newspaper or magazine or decision-makers
- Here's Nikki's opinion about an Arts Council scheme to encourage young people to go to the theatre
- Make a presentation to a group
- Create a campaign website
RECORD IN YOUR PORTFOLIO
- Show your research into and reflections on the issue
- Present a copy of the case you've made
- Show how you shared your opinion
- Include responses and feedback from others
Any resources and tools to help you with this part of your Arts Award...