New Young Advocates Programme Launching at Birmingham Hippodrome for Age 14-22.
We’re looking for young people aged 14-22 to join our new Birmingham Hippodrome Young Advocates programme.
What is the Young Advocates programme?
An opportunity for a group of creative young people to come together to shape the future young people’s programme at Birmingham Hippodrome. It will provide you with a platform to have your voice heard and opinions valued, and for that to drive change for Birmingham Hippodrome and the young people of Birmingham and the West Midlands. An opportunity to work collaboratively with other young people, to create a digital response that will be shared as part of [email protected], which will have a reach of approx. 10,000 (in person and digitally).
With key milestones mapped for the programme, the content with be curated by you as a group of Young Advocates.
What’s in it for me?
- You will become a Young Advocate who will represent Birmingham Hippodrome both locally within the region and nationally.
- You will have opportunities to meet Hippodrome Associate Companies, Artists and Staff, including our Artistic Director and Programming team.
- You will have opportunities to see shows, attend exclusive events and be part of conversations about the future.
- Birmingham Hippodrome will invest in you and your future, including training, mentoring, exposure and access to the arts industry.
- A chance to shape and share your vision with Birmingham Hippodrome Senior Management Team, Staff and Trustees.
Who is it for?
- Any young person aged 14-22 based in Birmingham and the West Midlands.
- Young people who are interested in the arts and who have something to say.
- Want to be part of planning and shaping the future and making change happen.
- Young people who have the time and are able to commit to investing fully in the programme – you only get out what you put in!
- The programme is completely free to join and runs until 31 March 2021.
How do I apply?
If you would like to apply, please create a short selfie video and upload by 8 pm on Sun 17 January
Please make sure you outline the following and name your file as:
- Your full name and age
- If you are currently in work or education – please tell us the school/ college you attend/ where you work?
- Why do you want to be a Hippodrome Young Advocate?
- What you think you could bring to the group?
- What you hope to gain from the opportunity?
- Your commitment if successful – please outline whether you can attend all sessions or if there are any dates that you wouldn’t be able to commit to?
Full details and how to apply here.