Fashioning our History will explore diversity in fashion and art by creating a fine art fashion piece comprising pattern blocks, illustrated by students and community participants, drawing on local knowledge and emotions. The blocks will be assembled into a historically-inspired dress to be publicly displayed at the Library at Willesden Green, where workshops will be held allowing participants to exhibit their work as part of the installation.
The programme will include:
- Free Art/drawing Materials Funded by the Mayor of London and Brent Council (Sponsored Materials by Cass Art Kensington and HobbyCraft Greenwich)
- A chance to explore your Local History / Personal Identity.
- Practical Art-Making Workshops in Research, Design and Artwork Creation
- Fashion Illustration Workshops
- Group Discussions
- Portfolio Reviews
- Connections with other creative individuals in Brent and Beyond
- A series of Online educational Lectures with Practicing artists and designers
- A Final exhibition of works at The Willesden Green Library Centre between March-April 2020.
All of the work produced within the project will be inaugurated into the Brent Museum and Archives, which will be stored safely for future generations and available to the public for study. Workshops will be led by Creative Director, Warren Reilly (Supported by Workshop assistant and Illustrator Rosalyn Smith Reilly and QPCS teacher and Garment technologist Nicola Cummings), Fashion Illustrator and Lecturer Sue Dray and RCA MA Textiles Student and lecturer Elyse Blackshaw.
For more information, please follow the link: https://brentfashioningourhistory.com/
We are looking for committed and creative individuals Aged 12 - 22 who are interested in a career in Fashion and/or Art to take part in our programme.
Applications are now open to be part of our fantastic programme. The Programme is set to take place between February - April of 2021.
SUBMISSIONS OPEN FROM 1ST NOVEMBER - DEADLINE 15TH JANUARY 2021
You have 2 options, Sign up by downloading and printing our project application form or by completing our online form.
Follow the links below:
Fashioning Our History Programme Written Application Form:
Fashioning Our History Programme Online Application Form:
By completing this form, you are submitting your answers to The Creative Director, Warren Reilly
Contact Email: [email protected]
Follow the link for more details: https://brentfashioningourhistory.com/signupnow.