This network of Londoners aged 16-25 brings together those who are passionate about craft and making to co-produce projects and events with us at the Crafts Council, and in doing so help shape the future of craft in the UK.
Come along if you love to make, or are just keen to find out more— all backgrounds and experience levels are welcome!
Please RSVP here: https://craftscouncilyoungpeopleevent.eventbrite.co.uk
What's happening at this month's meeting?
- Visit I AM HERE at the Hospital Club and hear all about the exhibition from Crafts Council's Head of Exhibitions & Collections, Annabelle Campbell.
I AM HERE is a Crafts Council touring exhibition of contemporary jewelleryI AM HERE features almost 100 works of exciting and innovative studio jewellery created by the most significant British and international makers of the last five decades - each piece a powerful reflection of the spirit of its generation and acting as a precedent for the future. Alongside works from the Crafts Council Collection of more than 400 pieces of British jewellery there are works borrowed from Pangolin. mima, Galerie Marzee, Gallery S O and Pangolin London. Jewellery is the most intimate of art forms. It is a dialogue of shared meaning between wearer and maker. While all the works on display relate to the body, that's where our familiar understanding of jewellery ends. Some of the pieces have been constructed using materials as diverse as concrete and broken bottles, nails, ice, plastic, wallpaper, cork, paper, rubber, volcano lava.
Why get involved?
- Join a new network of young people passionate about craft and making
- Be involved in shaping our young people's programme; work alongside staff and makers to co-produce programmes for other young people
- Take part in creative workshops and meet and collaborate with professionals working in the craft and creative industries
- Access opportunities, training and advice (including Arts Award)
- Learn new skills and develop your CV
Can't make it this time? There's more to come!
We hold monthly get-togethers both at the Crafts Council in Angel and out and about at other venues.
To find out more about our young people's programme and to be kept informed of all upcoming events, workshops and opportunities for young people, please email [email protected]