You've not got long left to apply to the get gold project, but if you're interested in it, then sign up now!! Get gold is a great way to get your award doing the arts you want and having the adviser provided free, its all remote too so you can be anywhere in the country. Maybe you've settled in to uni or a new college course and the time is right for a productive and fun way to use a bit of spare time.
January is all about trying something new, and I'd love to read about what you've been experiencing. I enjoyed a great evening of blues as something new for me.
This month we had our first Arts Award Youth Network Leaders Residential of 2014, with a great turn out and some new year resolutions! What the weekend taught me was that everyone has the passion and with the right clarity, can get stuck in to any task. We have a very mixed group of leaders, and all have their own sparkle and talents which I'm sure will see them all blossom through 2014.
A few of our leaders are embarking on their Gold Award journey, what tips would you give them? I'm suggesting these points are worth remembering in 2014:
- Don't leave making the portfolio to the end, create one to build on through your journey.
- Ask questions early on. You can try asking Google for help, but if that doesn't work you shouldn't be afraid to ask peers, or your adviser - that's what they're there for.
- Choose projects that excite you and have the ability to stretch your talents. This goes for units 1 and 2.
- Think big for your leadership event. Not big in size, complexity or price, but big in ambition and impact.
- Learn from every idea and experience - why do you discard an idea in the planning process? Why did something not go the way you hoped?
I implore you to share artsawardvoice.com with your friends and groups, let's work together to make 2014 a great year!
Happy new year and keep us updated with your journey through a gold award :)